3.28.2008

A quick note before we fall asleep and fail again to update.  We forgot to take the laptop to the hospital yesterday.  Grace had her stent placed by catheter yesterday, and everything seemed to go well.  The doctors have been monitoring her very closely since then, and we haven't had any major problems yet...thankfully!  Today they are weening her off of the ventilator.  She started the day with about 24 breaths per minute provided by the machine, and she is down to 16 and maybe even 12 breaths per minute from the machine (the rest just done on her own) this evening, so things seem to be going well.  

As a quick note, sorry we went for a while without posting....no news is good news....we promise! :-) Thank you for all of your prayers and help and comments to the blog!  We love you all!

5 comments:

Mythreesons said...

It's about time!!! I'm glad she seems to be doing well. I miss her and you guys. I fell so faraway and useless here... sigh. We're still praying mightily. And I came across a blog tonight of a girl that also had the Hybrid instead of the Norwood... tanandave.blogspot.com... and she was able to convince her doctors that she could hold and NURSE her little girl! I'm praying that she is able to come off that ventilator and that you'll be able to hold her soon. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

TOPHER, BUGG, AND GRACE - YOUR FAITH IS MY INSPIRATION. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS BLOG SO WE CAN KEEP UP TO DATE ON GRACEY. I HAVE GREAT FAITH IN FASTING, PRAYER AND PRIESTHOOD BLESSINGS. I HAVE SEEN MANY MIRACLES IN MY OWN LIFE AND KNOW THAT GRACE IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER MIRACLE. YOUR FAITH IS INCREDIBLE! LOVE - AUNT NANCY FROM BOISE

Anonymous said...

HI AGAIN - I HAVE POSTED A COUPLE OF COMMENTS BUT WASN'T SURE THEY WENT THROUGH AND THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE IT DID. JUST FOR THE RECORD THE OTHER COMMENTS WERE: CONGRATULATIONS! GRACE IS BEAUTIFUL!! HER NAME HAS BEEN IN OUR BOISE TEMPLE SINCE HER BIRTH AND SHE AND BUGG WERE IN DURING THE PREGNANCY. WE HAVE FELT GREAT COMFORT WHILE FASTING KNOWING THAT SHE IS IN HEAVENLY FATHER'S CARE. SHE IS CERTAINLY A BLESSED BABY TO HAVE COME TO YOU BOTH. YOUR LOVE, FAITH, DEDICATION AND INSPIRATION WILL HELP TO CARRY HER THROUGH. I KNOW WIHTOUT A DOUBT THAT SHE FEELS THE LOVE STRENGTH FROM HER MOMMY AND DADDY. LOVE - AUNT NANCY

Heart Mommy said...

Hey,
I hope things are going well with your family and Little Grace...I am Alex's mom...He has HLHS too!!! We just wanted to let you know that we are here for you if you need anything... Brynn

carolyn q said...

Hi Andersen's,

Earlier today I stopped by the PICU to hopefully meet you and drop off a care bag from Intermountain Healing Hearts. Since you were not there I gave it to Teagan's parents to hand to you when they see you next.
I am sure I will catch up with you next time I am up at PCMC.
Until then, just wanted you to know we are praying for your family and Grace's recovery.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
President,
Intermountain Healing Hearts