3.26.2008

Done!!

Wow. So. It's done already. Went much quicker than we thought it would. Dr. Kouredis, (the surgeon) just came out and talked with us, said that everything went smoothly. She tolerated it well and her PDA didn't even spasm and try to shut. She should be back in the PICU in about 45 minutes and then Topher and I can go back and see her. We were worried that her PDA would spasm and try to shut and that then they would have to up her prostaglandin meds, but since that went well, they won't have to raise the levels and so she should be more comfortable. They'll perform the 2nd stage of the procedure tomorrow. We'll let you know when its going to take place. Thank you for your love and prayers. We'll post more once we go to visit our little baby and see how she's doing.

8 comments:

Lady of the Rings said...

You little stinker, we have been anxiously hovering by the phone, when Kim called and said all is well, it's on the blog. Thank goodness. We are so relieved. Those are very cute pictures of our little doll with her sweet mommy. Are they from this morning? It will be much easier to teach my lesson now. I am so looking forward to seeing you this afternoon. Hugs and kisses, all my love, Mum and Sam

Andrew and Marti Enke said...

Yay! I am so glad it went well. We are thinking of you every minute. I deleted my last comment because I can't spell. So happy for you all.

Love and prayers,
Marti

princess jen said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I love you all!

Christi Ann said...

I am so happy that the surgery went well this morning!!
lots of love and prayers to you guys.
looooooove always,
christi ann

Kalani said...

I am so glad the surgery went well. We have been praying and praying for her to do well. Thanks for updating so often and keeping us informed.

Lots of love,
Kalani

Super Daysh said...

Yay!! I'm glad all went well. We will keep praying for the next one tomorrow. Love you Bug and Topher and little Gracey!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, our tough little Gracie!
We knew you could do it. I hear they had to put socks on her hands to keep her from pulling out her tubes. She will surely fit in with the rest of the strong willed women in our family. Thank you so much for keeping us posted

Grandma and Grandpa Atkinson

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Whoohoo for tough little Gracey :) I'm so very happy that things went so well during surgery!! I hope she's recovering just perfectly :)

Keep us posted! I can't wait to see more pics and get an update!!