3.13.2008

Crappy Crap Crap

That is ever so slightly how I feel right now!!!
I just had another OB appointment...I had been hoping/crossing my fingers that I'd be dilated to a 3 or so...since I've been at a 1 for three weeks. But no. I'm still a 1. And so my my midwife, told me she was going to strip my membranes to help move things along.....
Now I've spoken with Emily and I've been informed, that this was totally something I did not need to have done and I could've said 'no thanks'....but alas...I didn't know that until AFTERWARDS.
So...I got to have my membranes stripped. And it hurt!!! Really really really bad. And so, now, yay for me, I'm dilated to a "tight 2" but not at all effaced. Wonderful.
Also, the amniotic fluid went back up, still not super high, but better than it has been, so now they probably WILL do the amniocentesis, which I didn't want to have done either!!
Bummer.
So the plan is to report to the hospital at 1 p.m. on Monday, do the amniocentesis, they'll also check me again. If i'm dilated anymore, I won't go in until Tuesday morning early. If i'm still not dilated, then I'll wait for 4 hours to hear about the amnio results, and then report to Labor and Delivery at 5 that night.
That is the update.
Oh, and i'm cramping, and bleeding, and I don't like my midwife right now!!!!
Other than that, all is well. Its my first day off work where I can be home and get the baby's room cleaned up, but my cramps hurt too bad. What to do what to do!!!!
I need a mommy or a sister that is closer than a 20 mile radius to come play with me.
Anyone? Anyone?

4 comments:

princess jen said...

Ouch! I've never had that done. Anywho, I'll be there tonight hopefully around 6:30 or so.

Mythreesons said...

OH bug... I wish I was there to help you right now! And sorry about the membrane stuff... I still remember how painful that was. So did you get a hold of your OB... is that why you have the amnio appointment now? I"ll see you MOnday night! We're praying for you and we love you and the boys can't wait to see you!

Super Daysh said...

I'm sorry...that really stinks. I know what it's like to have really bad cramps. I'm sorry Bug. It will get better. Well, no it will get worse (I hear labor is a DOOSEY!!) and THEN it will get better. Oh wait, no, it won't get better then either. I'm sorry. It totally sucks to be you. ;) j/k Love you Bug!

Shannon said...

good luck tomorrow or tuesday. I have a present from Me, Heidi, Lindsey, and Kristin so hopefully we will make it down soon to get it to you.