9.18.2008

Six Months Old!

Today is Grace's 6 month birthday!! I can't believe that she has been with us for so long already!! At times it has seemed like the time has dragged on forever, but for the most part, the last 6 months have truly flown by.  I can't believe my little baby is already 14.5 lbs!  I can't believe she is smiling all the time, eating so much, and I most especially can hardly believe all that she has been through.  Heart surgery six days after birth, 3 Cath Lab procedures, and a 12 hr. surgery repairing her still present heart, and replacing the sick with a new, and beautiful one.  She has been through more in 6 months than most people will ever go through in their whole lives, and yet, here she is, happy, smiling and ready to share her wonderful spirit with whoever comes around.
We are so grateful for her and wanted to share these adorable pictures of her. I love em', but I'm biased...so sorry if it's a little bit of an overload!!





Well, that's our sweet heart.  She is doing great for the most part.  She still doesn't think it's necessary for her to eat.  She has absolutely no desire whatsoever for food.  Of course, you wouldn't know it from looking at her... :)
She is nearly always happy and smiling, she is finally starting to like her mommy almost as much as her Daddy....not quite...but almost. 
She loves to sit up, does not like laying down...refuses to be on her tummy, is in denial that she has legs, loves her lion rattle, still loves her binky, likes to take walks, and hates having her face wiped. 
We are so grateful for our little angel.  Everday that goes by, we love her more than the one before.  I never think it possible to do so, but everday she surprises me, and I surprise myself, with just how much love we can be capable of as parents.  She is our treasure, and we are so grateful to have her still in our lives.  We look forward to the many months and years ahead of us!

19 comments:

Super Daysh said...

She's getting so cute! Love that little gracey girl! Love all the collages and stuff- you must be having WAY too much fun with Picasa. I think I might have to go download it now too.... :)
Thanks for the picture update and happy 6 month birthday Gracelyn!

RK said...

I've been following your journey since the transplant surgery. I'm amazed and so thankful for how well she's done. She is just beautiful! We still pray for her each night by name when we do Braska's night-night prayers.

I just wanted to say that we have one of those "no interest in food" kids. I know exactly what you mean. Braska was on NG for 10 months and has been on G-tube since. (Love the g-tube in comparison!) She still could go days without eating and never complain, if it were up to her. But still the happiest little thing, too!

The Simmons Family said...

LOVE the pics... GRACEY is adorable!! She'll eat when she's ready... she's stubborn and that's how she has made it this far! LOVE THE BIG EYES in every single picture, they make me melt!

Andrea

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Yay, pictures!!! Thanks for the great update on Gracey!! I've been checking every day, of course, because I'm still totally in the habit. :)

Grace is so, so pretty - her gigantic blue eyes, and her darling smile. I love her so incredibly much. I'm so glad I get to have her in my family forever :)

Lots of love!
aj

Gina and the Gang said...

Very cute pictures. I was showing Casey different blogs today, and he wanted to know if we'd met Grace! I wish. Anyway, to make you feel even more at ease....you 6 month old weighs over 14 pounds, my HEALTHY 15 month old weighs 18 pounds!

princess jen said...

I just adore this sweet little girl of yours! And I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with her. She's amazing and cute and pink and chubby and just like all the other babies!!!

Mythreesons said...

Happy 6 month birthday Gracey! Cute pics, Bug... looks like you finally figured out your collage... judging by the multiple. collages you used! She's so adorable. She almost looks like a Bug with those massively huge eyes. They're beautiful and I'm so grateful that she's doing so well. Jaxon and Gavin still pray for her every night. Looks like prayer works!

Kacy said...

Just wanted to say, hello! I'm mom to Mary Clare, a beautiful baby girl who also has HLHS. (I hopped in from Maddie's page.) It is so wonderful to see beautiful Grace grow and thrive. She is simply adorable! She certainly doesn't look like she has a problem eating! I love those cheeks. My Mary Clare also has "healthy" cheeks! People never believed me when I told them she had a problem eating!! I'm sure your Gracie will soon get the hang of real food, too! That is how these heart babies like to do things: THEIR WAY!!

Happy 6 month birthday, baby Grace!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story!
Love, Kerri Pennington
Hartsville, SC
www.babypennington.com

Melissa said...

Happy six month birthday, Gracey! You are beautiful!
Melissa Andrew - IHH

Thoughtful Runner said...

Dear Gracey - we send you our 6-month greetings from the Adirondacks of New York. We think you are adorable and beautiful - and that you give all of us an example and model of courage and spounk. We are so truly grateful to have you as part of our family. May the next six months be ones that let you gain more and more strength - and may you know how much we look forward to spending those months with you.
We love you! (And your parents aren't bad, either!)

kalani said...

Happy 6 month birthday Grace. You are so beautiful and wonderful and I am so glad that you are in my family. I can't wait until you are healthy enough to spend time with me. Buggy and Toph you are doing such a good job with that precious girl. You are amazing. Thanks for making me want to be a better mother.

Allie said...

Wow happy birthday Grace, you are a beautiful girl. Alisha I hope everything is getting easier as you get into a routine with around the clock care. You are a wonderful mother and topher a wonderful daddy Always thinking of you guys Allie

likeschocolate said...

I can't believe how cute she has gotten in the last two weeks. She is even more beautiful if that is possible. Congratulations on 6m!

Em said...

She has such chubby cheeks!Love it! So happy that she is such a smiley little girl! Love the bows! Let me know what you would like to do about the bows. I have a couple of choices already made up, and we can even put a piece of foam so she can wear them and not have them slide out of her hair. Let me know what you think!

kristen said...

What a princess! She has such a cute smile and beautiful big blue eyes! I can't believe she is six months either! I hope all is going well. It must be so nice to have her home and be able to fully enjoy her.

Sara and Company said...

Oh, I just love that girl! What a cutie-patootie!

Liz said...

So amazing. I'm so happy for you guys. I love you!
-Liz Lewis

Rosalie Ringwood said...

Topher and Alysia,
Grace is so adorable! We are so grateful her transplant went well. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! What a precious, sweet little angel she is. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. We would love to see you sometime. Keep in touch. Love Pres. and Sister Ringwood

living life said...

i just wanted you to know how amazing i think you and your husband are as parents i know thats a lot to go through, my 8 year old nephew has recently (and thankfully) been told his leukemia is officailly in remission after 3 years of chemo. i just wanted to tell you to hang in there, and your little grace sure is beautiful. your in our prayers.