9.02.2008

Picture Mania!!

We are finally posting some pictures for everyone to see of our sweet Gracey!! She has done so well these past few weeks. We couldn't have asked for a better recovery for her. She has progressed so well and so quickly. She certainly is feisty, and down right determined to be healthy and strong and to meet everyone's goals and hopes for her.
The past couple of days, she has really started remembering so much: sucking, eating, smiling, playing, cuddling, sleeping...She just has done so well. We've loved seeing her personality finally come back and her big smiles.She isn't quite as attached to eating as she used to be, but, we're not going to complain. Just her remembering how to eat is wonderful, and she is progressing a little more each day.Right now, she is up to about 80cc every 3 hours, and she normally finishes between 40-60 by herself, and the rest goes down her tube. The goal is to get her to 90cc, and eventually for her not to have a tube.However, with the Med Schedule she will be one when we come home, I think I will just be grateful she has an alternative way to receive her meds, rather than by mouth. Over 13 different medications!! And they are NOT tasty. Her and Grandma were having a lot of fun the other day. But...I would have you know, that ALL of these pictures were taking by moi...which means, that she was smiling at MOI. If you've seen Grace when she's smiling, its normally at Topher...what a stinker...but all these pictures were smiles for Mama!!! Yay for me!!The little stinker pulled her NG tube out 2x in one day. Yeah...I don't think those nurses liked us very much. But I made sure to snap a quickie!! No smiles though...I think she was still really mad that pulling the tube out involved gagging.Look at those big beautiful eyes!! She is once again alert as ever and very skeptical and suspicious of everyone around her. She has actually developed an automatic reaction to people in yellow coats. As soon as someone with a yellow coat walks in the room she panics and starts to scream.Yes, I realize a lot of these pictures are very similar. But you really can just never get too much of a good thing. right?Yes, I realize these 3 are all practically the same shot. But, I gave Topher the job of picking the pictures and posting them...and he of course couldn't choose just a few. He wanted them all!I just love her huge smiles!!!Mom actually looked at these and said "oh, is she still swollen?". Um...no, she's just chunky!! Our adorable chunky little chipmunk!! Darn those Andersen genes that gave her such chubby cheeks!!! ;)Gracey serious hospital model face. She is so beautiful. More and more everyday I just think she has such a beautiful and sweet little face.These, if you look closely, no one is holding her up!! She actually sat up by herself twice yesterday!! Talk about a tough girl!!I believe these are some of Topher's favorites where she is just looking up at the camera. Mom thinks she's going to associate a camera with my face, since it always seems to be attached. ;)So excited!! I think I might fall over!!She actually fell asleep like this!! Like, "ugh...blast these lights and hospital noises...woe is me...let me sleep already!!!" What a cutie. :)This is my favorite picture of her. I don't know why...but I love her face...her little mouth, and those big big eyes. I could just squeeze her so tight!!More smiles. But you just can't get enough Gracey smiles.

So that's our Grace. She's doing awesome. Her projected arrival to her beautiful, steam cleaned, scrubbed and beautified house, (thank you Aunt Alli, Aunt Amy, Karen, Venice and Mama!) is Thursday!!! Wahoo!!! We're breakin' out of this joint!!! ;) The projected day to come home was actually tomorrow...but her Cardiologists are uber cautious...kinda annoying because the only thing they want to work on is increasing her feeds from 80 to 90...which is TOTALLY something I can do at home. But, oh well. What can you do other than accept the things you can't change and be grateful for what you can right? Anyway...we're so excited to have her home. My mom came down from Idaho to help me and that has been a life saver in many ways...namely for me and my peace of mind. :) We're just hoping, praying and crossing our fingers that Thursday truly is the day, and that we are prepared in every sense for the next 6 months ahead of us. They promise to be challenging, but we can't wait to have our angel home. Thank you all for you love and prayers. We appreciate them SOOOOO much!

Please pray for Megan tonight!!! She is getting her new heart this evening!!! I am soooo thrilled for her and feel so grateful that prayers truly are answered. My heart goes out to the family who has lost a loved one also. I think that these experiences/situations truly are always so bittersweet, but it is indeed a miracle for Megan and she will be so healthy and well now!! Pray that her surgeons have steady hands and that she can be comforted in her time of need!!

Love you all!!!

The Andersens

27 comments:

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!! Oh wow, my family is sitting here oooooing and ahhhhhing over our sweet little Gracey!!!

She looks SOOOOOO amazing!!! And so stinking cute!!! Her smile is back in full bloom, and her swelling looks gone already. And oh, goodness, her color!! She's so pink and perfect!!

I want to kiss her little toes!

WE LOVE YOU GRACE!!

Thanks so much for those very beautiful pictures!! They totally made my day!

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

She looks so good. We love all the pictures. It is absolutely incredible the technology now a days. We are so happy that Gracey is doing well and having a smooth recovery. We love you guys and we keep you in our prayers constantly.

Super Daysh said...

Yay for Gracey pictures!! LOVE all the smiles! what a trooper- all those cords and wires and she can still pull a big, bright smile for the camera. Oh- I'm just so excited for you guys and so grateful that Heavenly Father truly has answered all of our prayers- and then some! What a wonderful gift. We love you guys- little Gracey especially. We will keep praying for you guys! All our love!!!

Lauren K said...

LOOK AT HER!!! Oh my goodness she looks so beautiful and healthy and chubby!! Her smile is too cute and I could go on forever about the beauty of your wonderful Grace!!! Love you tons!

Mythreesons said...

Yay for lots and lots of adorable Gracey pics! She seriously looks so adorable and sweet and happy. You'd never guess what her body had just been through.... she looks amazing. Thanks for the update and especially the pictures, Bug! I need them especially. I'm so glad to see her smiling and hear so much good news. We'll keep praying. Love you guys!

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Also . . . best wishes and prayers for Megan tonight!!

I have never been a witness to such an amazing miracle! I have always been a donor, but have now become a true advocate of it and always will be.

What an amazing world we live in :)

Allie said...

Wow she is getting so big and soooooooooo cute I love her smile. She is smiling so big it looked like she might fall back wards. I am soo happy for megan I just read her whole story yeasterday. I know tomorrow would have been nice to come home but I do like the extra day to finish up the house for her that will be the pic in my head as I clean it will keep me going.(ps If my family is reading this I am going back to finish cleaning and you cant keep me away) love ya all Allie

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTY! She makes me giggle just to look at her. Venice told me about the mobile and how she would bat one toy with her hand and then kick the next. Great hand, foot, eye coordination Gracey.

We will pray for Megan. She looks like such a sweet girl.

Love,

Grandma Atkinson

princess jen said...

What a cute baby you made!! You are a wonderful mother to an amazing baby. She's grown so much and I'm so sad that I'm not going to get to see her as much as I would like to!! She's so delicious!

Katie said...

Wow~ I'm speechless! What a tough little cookie! She's adorable, pink and I love those chunky cheeks :) I'm so happy for your family, these next 6 months are going to be challenging being cooped up but so worth every minute of it! CONGRATULATIONS from her heart buddy Maddie and family!
Love,
The Allreds

Allie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dallin said...

I so want to hear the maniacal laughter that accompanies that grin of hers. I guess I may have to wait a few months. Wow. She spreads joy like it's infectious, doesn't she?

Kira said...

I've been keeping up w/ your blog for a long time. Your daughter is such a fighter! She is doing so well, and looks great! She reminds me a lot of my son, baby Ross who also has HLHS. She has similar facial expressions. I wish you the best of luck, and you seem like really good, loving, supportive parents, and that's what she needs! I know it will be hard keeping other family away for a few months, but the outcome is so worth it!

Love,
Kira

The Simmons Family said...

I am AMAZED at how fantastic Gracey has recovered from getting a new heart!! It seriously gives me SO much hope for Owen's future. He may not need one now, but down the road, his future is unknown. I love that Topher posts a bazillion pictures... keep em' coming! And YES... she has the most beautiful eyes and chubby cheeks... love them!!

Andrea

Gina and the Gang said...

I cannot believe how wonderful she looks. She looks chunkier than my healthy 14 month old! That little girl of yours is so cute, strong, and amazing. I feel so luck that I have "shared" and learned alongside your family!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing her smiling face with us!

Continued prayers for you all, and for Grace's new friend Megan as well.

T

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have this blog. I wonder how she is doing and I just come on and Chack. I am so proud of you guys for that posting asking evceryone to keep thier distance that was awesome. Grace is so beutiful take more pictures you can never have enough,Good luck in the up coming months.
This is Tophers cousin Yvette.

Canadaland said...

What a gorgeous little girl. I still think she looks like her mom - with a little of Topher thrown in there for good measure : ) She looks so healthy! If I had just been through what she has been through I would not be smiling. What a trooper. I can't believe she can sit up by herself! That's incredible. Dawson can't do that yet...but we're working on it. You guys are so blessed to have such an amazing spirit sent to you in that adorable package. She will continue to bless your lives for eternity. Good luck going home. That's exciting.

Lauren K said...

hey! I do have messenger, but only for gmail and I don't know your e-mail address ... mines just my first and last name @ gmail. loves!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Those pictures are so adorable. Grace really seems to be doing incredibly well. Sitting up? What a trooper! Good luck at home!

The B Family said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh, her color looks so wonderful and she is just the most precious little thing! (Well, maybe I should say the most precious chunky little thing!)
Thank you, Topher, for posting all the pictures! They are a joy to admire!
Many, many prayers~ Rebecca

kj said...

I have been lurking on your blog for some time, but wanted to tell you what an inspiration your family is to me. Your Gracey is absolutely amazing with everything she has already been through and still smiling those amazing smiles. I will continue to keep her (and her parents) in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your story.
-Kirsta

Christi Ann said...

You are truely an angel LeashaBug. I am so glad to call you friend. Gracey looks BEAUTIFUL, and I LOVE her chubby cheeks!! I miss you guys and am praying every day!! You inspire me, love. I definitely hope to talk to you soon!!

Andrew and Marti Enke said...

I LOVE every single picture of little Grace! I am so happy she is doing so well! Love and prayers to you all!!

Marti and Andrew

Court and Britt said...

Your story of your precious little girl is so amazing, she is so beautiful!! I found your blog through Gracie G.'s (extended family of theirs). I hope you don't mind but I have looked at your blog from time to time while on Gracies G.'s blog. I think that you are amazing parents and so strong!! I started a blog with inspirational stories, I would love to add a link to your blog if that is ok with you, if not I completely understand. Let me know:) The blog is
www.placeforinspiration.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gracie is a beauty. And we Joenses (and Reich's) adore chubby cheeks...more to squeeze! Love all the pictures!!! You're in our thoughts!
Kathy, T and family

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Oh Leash she is so cute! Your baby is so adorable. I'm so happy that she is doing well!