11.10.2008

The Cookie Monster

Fear not everyone. Our daughter will NOT starve to death. No, not at all, becaue how can anyone starve, when their new favorite food is packed with calories.

But where are my manners...let me start at the beginning.
I wanted to eat something fattening, because I was watching Gilmore Girls, and Gilmore Girls does that to me. So, I got out some oreos...and some nutella. Then I plopped myself down next to Grace and began to cram my face full.
Well, only one oreo into it, Grace got EXTREMELY mad at me, and I couldn't figure out why. I tried a binky, a rattle, a bottle...but no, she wanted nothing.
Nothing, except...MY OREO!! She GRABBED it out of my hand, and SHOVED it in her mouth, and began sucking and slobbering ALL OVER IT.
This girl MUTILATED my oreo. She would not relinquish it. It is her new favorite food, and hey! For only ONE cookie she got a little over 50 calories!!! SWEET!

You might ask, "Is 50 calories really worth that mess?". And let me just tell you, it is. It was hilarious and so cute in an amazingly disgusting way.
My only sadness is in the fact that none of these pictures show the pure glee that was all over little Grace's face while she was sliming this poor helpless Oreo. She absolutely loved the thing.
We had to pretty much dump her in the bath tub afterwards because, as I'm sure you saw...the cookie was not just on her face, but on her hands, clothes, arms, legs, butt, back, Topher's face, my arms, my hands, Topher's clothes...
It was quite the ordeal. But so funny, and so blog worthy as a quick update for all of you.
We're doing well...I'll be sure to let you know how she weighs in on Thursday. :)

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

C, is for Cookie, thats good enough for me!!

Lady of the Rings said...

oh my.... she is too cute for words. She almost looks sheepish in the last picture. The rest of them, pure enjoyment. what a true girl....there is nothing like chocolate when a girls is down, or up or in the mood or watching TV or...actually I can't think of a time when chocolate would be wrong... I am glad Grace has figured out one of the fundamental truths of life.
Miss you, love you, last week was the best! Hugs and kisses, Mum

Super Daysh said...

Yay! She's eating!! :) That is too funny. Little oreo monster- and quite literally- a monster. I was almost afraid...afraid of the mess! Geesh. At least she enjoyed it and at least she is putting something in her mouth.

princess jen said...

What a cute little girl. Those photos are priceless!! It makes me want oreos too! Hmmm.... too bad I don't have any. I'll have to settle for Halloween candy I suppose.

Joe said...

(Hammy) "But I lika da cookie!" (/Hammy)

Yes blog worthy indeed! Such a funny post - thanks.

Amy Finnegan {BookshopTalk.com} said...

Go Gracey!! What a mess she made, and I bet you two were loving every minute of it!! :)

I totally love those pics! They are magazine worthy - not just blog worthy!

And YAY, she has found an interest in food!!! Find something else like that and start chowing down on it with a ton of fanfare, and see if she does the same thing all over again :)

Woo hoo!! Make another mess, Grace!

The Simmons Family said...

Oh Gracey... you are a true girl! Owen's first food was an oreo and it was all uphill from there! He discovered joy in foods!! (not formula or babyfood, but FOOD FOOD) Try a little bit of ice cream... I think she might like that too!!

An OREO a day is a good thing!!!

I'm so happy for you and Gracey for discovering such a delight!

Andrea

Bev said...

Yipy shes eating. And oreos are the best cookie. You go Gracey!

tHe sMiTh SaGa said...

So cute!!! I love it. Thats great that she is eating. Maybe that'll give her more motive to eat her own food now.
She's beautiful!!!

Rachel's Mommy said...

Did any of the cookie actually get in her mouth? VERY cute pix--funny, her Papa looks the exact same way when he eats his oreos.

Thoughtful Runner said...

Go Gracie! So you DO have the Johnson gene of your Papa! It is only proper that you would be a great Oreo fan....and as you get older, I'm sure Oreos and milk will rightfully become your favorite food, snack and nourishment. You have your Grandpa's blessing! We shall eat them together soon.

Em said...

Love it!!! My sister and best friend found your guy's blog and just have fallen in love with Gracie! She is my kind of gal! Yummy cookies!

likeschocolate said...

Way to cute!!!!

Candace said...

That is way cute and funny. Its good to hear that she's doing so well.

Celeste Miller said...

Thats so cute!

kristen said...

We are so glad that she is doing so well! Go figure that the only thing she wants to eat is the sweet stuff! That is great though, and definitely worth the mess to see how happy it makes her!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a mess!! She is adorable.

Her Christmas dress is at her grandpa's house. It will not look great with Oreo-Nutella on it. Oh, well.

Love,
Grandma Atkinson

Avery said...

That is so great!! I offer EVERYTHING to Bela in hopes that she'll take something..but she never does. uhh. Is she eating other things? We just can't seem to make any progress with the eating..maybe I'll go out and get some oreos.. :) At least I'll enjoy them if she dosn't.

Mythreesons said...

yay! Gracey's eating! Oreos always work for Caden and Dad... why not Gracy. Girl's got good taste. Love those pictures Buggy. She's an adorable mess. Just like her mommy.

Allie said...

Do you think she got that from her grandpa curtis that is his favorite treat! Oh I mean besides Sweet Candy lol Allie

Sara and Company said...

That is hilarious! Maybe I should try that on my sweet little darlin' who refuses to eat most of what I put in front of her! That mess is just classic!

Liz said...

What an OREOdeal! Haha oh I hope no one else came up with that one, cuz I thought it was pretty original...
She looks awesome!! I'm glad she found something she likes!! Maybe she needs to learn how to dip them in milk too... That's the best way to eat an oreo, you know. Gets some nutrition in there too.

Kari said...

Looks like you get your wish! hehe.

http://toshander.blogspot.com/2007/10/one-can-only-hope.html

Mimi said...

Love the oreo face!! So cute! How long were you guys in the hospital? How often do you have to go back for clinic? Is she on Cyclo? Sorry... so many questions.

It is so reassuring to see her so happy and healthy!!!

The B Family said...

A true LADY...none of us are really all that graceful with Oreo's anyways!

Adorable!!!

Love to you all~ Rebecca

Bev said...

Oreos are good. BTW I tagged you.