Biopsy Results

Sorry for not having updated during the day...Topher was at school from 8 until 2:30, with his laptop...leaving me unable to blog.

And then, when he finally did arrive, the internet connection was HORRIBLE!  It was taking literally 5 minutes for 1 page to load, and then it would freeze up.
The connection seems to have regained some speed now...so I will proceed with the update!
After many late meds, wrong meds, late feeds, no feeds, foot pokes, IVs, mis-communications, frustrations and rude comments, (mostly on my part), we did finally get into the Cath Lab at 9:00 this morning...(Originally this was supposed to be at 7:30, then at 10:00, then at 7:30)...
I won't go into detail about all the above things...because it would take way too long, and it would fire me up and I'd say rude things and look like a bad person all over again. :)
So, as I was saying, she went in at 9:00.  My Mama-in-law was sweet enough to come be with me from 9 until 10:30, and that helped relieve a lot of my stress (Thank you for keeping me company Venice! You're wonderful!).
Grace got out from the lab at 11, happy, and hungry and trying desperately to sit up.  Because of where they went in in her groin, she was on "bed rest" and wasn't supposed to sit up or stand, and was supposed to keep her leg straight.  Hahaha!! I'd like to see anyone keep an 8month old's leg straight and still.
After I met up with her she proceeded to eat 95 cc of Pedialyte in 15 minutes, zonk out for an hour, wake up and eat 120cc of Formula, zonk out for 2 hours, wake up and eat 80cc, play for 30 minutes, zonk out and start all over again.
The steroids are definitely making her super hungry. And hey, if that's the only good thing that comes from this visit..I'll take it, no complaints!
Anyway..I'm drifting off topic...and I know I'm not making much sense and I'm kinda all over the place.  Sorry.
So, the pictures from her biopsy all looked good.  None indicated rejection.  Pulmonary arteries looked surprisingly beautiful, aortic arch looked really funny, but functioning great, SVC also looked good, blood pressures were good.  All her blood work came back looking good.  
Her biopsy snippets came back with an overall rejection level of 2.5 which is just mild rejection.  This is supposedly to be expected, and just fine.  
Because of the slight rejection we'll be increasing her steroids again.  But, instead of taking 2 1/2 months to wean her down, it will only take 2 weeks, so that is definitely good news.....and bad news.
Good news because she is healthy and well overall, and will be even better in only 2 weeks...bad news because we are starting all over again not only with severe immunosuppression, but with the severe house arrest....right before Thanksgiving. :(
But that's ok.  We are just grateful this is all there was to deal with.  We know it could have been so much worse, and we're grateful that it isn't.  We're grateful she is eating so well, sleeping well, and that she is as healthy and happy as she is.
So, it's been a long day, with not much new information, but I'm sure its good to know where we stand. :)
 Thank you so much to everyone for all your prayers.  We have definitely felt them throughout the day.   We are so grateful for wonderful and supportive family and friends. We have recieved so many calls of support and love and are so grateful for each and every one.  It is such a blessing to have such a wonderful support system.  Thank you thank you thank you!
We love you all so much!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Love the Andersens


Bev said...

Thanks for the update. nothing you say will make you a bad person you are a mom with a child sicker than most of us will ever experience. you are teh one that has to make sure you sweetie gets what she needs.
take care

Allie said...

I am so happy for the good news.She is a fighter sounds like we wont see you guys for thanksgiving but you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We need to do what is in her best interest hang in there guys let me know if there is anything you guys need.
Love ya Allie

aj said...

Oh, whew . . .

A relief indeed. It would be wonderful if she was showing no issues whatsoever, but sweet Gracey has already been a text book case of best scenarios, so I am grateful she's doing so amazingly well!!

I will stop bugging Venice today, then, and everyone else I've been calling in hopes that they've heard more than I have :)

Love you guys!!

And haha, yes, just let them try to keep Gracey on bed rest.


princess jen said...

I'm glad she's doing okay! I miss you and your sweet baby oh, and Topher too!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Grace! Again you have amazed everyone. Hey, Buggy. It is all right to be feisty and make sure your daughter is taken care of. We are all grateful that Grace inherited all the feistiness she could from BOTH sides of the family. She has needed it.

We will come see you on Thanksgiving. We have a Christmas dress for Grace.

Love Grandpa and Grandma Atkinson
Also, Grandpa Max is doing well after his knee replacement.

Our Family said...

I am so glad all is okay. As a recent member of the steroid club myself, I understand your frustration, and I'm sorry you'll be homebound for the holiday. Due to Casey's upcoming surgery on December 2nd, we are on lock-down at home as well!
Stay strong with the medical staff! Hopefully you'll be home soon.

Rachel's Mommy said...

Baby Grace is home again--yea! Good chatting with you tonight. Looking forward to seeing you soon, and our prayers are always with Grace and her parents!

Hilary said...

I have been so worried. I am glad that it isn't worse. We will continue to pray for all of you. love you, Hilary Cook

Thoughtful Runner said...

Hey - what I have to say is that anyone who loves Oreos the way Grace does has a wonderful and great future ahead! We were glad to get the encouraging and good news.....way to go, Grace.

Ryan & Brytten Pettit said...

Hey can I get your address to send you a Christmas card? prettiebryttie@gmail.com